MATTHEW B. WATERS
Prior to joining the firm, Matt graduated from Georgia Southern University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in multimedia journalism in 2020. He then went on to attend Mercer University School of Law where he was a member of the Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society and was appointed as the Academic Affairs Chair for the Student Bar Association. During law school, Matt worked as a law clerk for the Monroe County District Attorney’s Office and was sworn in under the Law Student Practice Act, arguing many bond hearings and negotiating plea agreements. Upon graduation in 2023, he was admitted into the State Bar of Georgia.
Matt and his wife, Haley, enjoy living in Downtown Macon and are members of Ingleside Baptist Church, both volunteering in the worship arts ministry.
- All state and superior courts of Georgia, 2023
- Mercer University School of Law
- D. – 2023
- SBA Academic Affairs Chair 2022
- Georgia Southern University
- A. Political Science 2020
Honors and Awards
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, member