L. Taylor Bittick
Taylor Bittick concentrates her law practice in the area of civil litigation, with a primary focus on insurance law and governmental liability defense.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Bittick graduated, summa cum laude, from Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law, where she was a George W. Woodruff Scholar.
While in law school, she was a member of the Mercer Law Review and the executive board for the Legal Aid and Volunteer Association. She also served as a legal advocacy volunteer for Crisis Line & Safe House of Central Georgia and an academic mentor for first-year law students. Upon graduation, she was inducted into the Brainerd F. Currie Honor Society and admitted to the State Bar of Georgia.
Originally from Monroe County, Ms. Bittick received her Bachelor of Arts in English from Davidson College, cum laude, in 2013. She and her husband, Lawson, enjoy living in downtown Forsyth, where they are active members of First Baptist Church of Forsyth. Ms. Bittick is the President of the Leadership Monroe class of 2018 and a member of the Monroe County Library Board.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Governmental Liability Defense
- Insurance Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- Georgia, 2016
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2017
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2017
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 2016
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2017
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 2018
- Mercer University School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. summa cum laude
- Honors: Brainerd F. Currie Honor Society
- Law Review: Mercer Law Review, Member, 2014 – 2016
- Davidson College
- B.A. cum laude – 2013
- Major: English
- Where Healthcare and Policing Converge: How Georgia Law Promotes Evasion of Financial Responsibility for Indigent Arrestees’ and Municipal Inmates’ Medical Care, 67 Mercer L. Rev. 741, Winter 2016.
Honors and Awards
- George W. Woodruff Scholar, Mercer Law School, 2013 – 2016
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in: Evidence, Remedies, Contracts II, Criminal Law, Legal Writing I and II, Legal Research, Statutory Law and Interpretation, and Health Law: Finance and Organization.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- Macon Bar Association
- William Augustus Bootle American Inn of Court
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
Past Employment Positions
- United States Attorney’s Office, MDGA, Law Clerk , 2015 – 2016
- Georgia Justice Project, Law Clerk
Pro Bono Activities
- Monroe County Library Board, Member, 2018-present.
- Leadership Monroe Class of 2018, President
- Crisis Line & Safe House of Central Georgia, Legal Advocacy Volunteer, 2013 – 2014