David N. Nelson
David N. Nelson graduated from Emory University in 1990. He went on to receive his law degree at Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law in 1995 and was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia.
Mr. Nelson primarily defends individuals, businesses, and professionals in lawsuits involving medical malpractice, legal malpractice, premises claims, commercial vehicle claims, and automobile accidents. He has served as lead counsel in over 60 jury trials with outstanding results and has argued cases in both the Supreme Court of Georgia and the Georgia Court of Appeals.
He is admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, the United States District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia, the Georgia Supreme Court, the Georgia Court of Appeals, and State and Superior Courts of Georgia.
Mr. Nelson’s is a member of the Board of Directors for the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association presently serves as GDLA President-Elect. He is also a member of the Macon Bar Association, American Bar Association, and Defense Research Institute.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Legal Malpractice
- Transportation Law
- Premises Liability – Defense
- Personal Injury – Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defense
- Georgia, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. – 1995
- Emory University
- B.A. – 1990
- MAG Mutual Insurance Co.
- ProAssurance Companies
- EMC Insurance Companies
- National Indemnity Company
- Progressive Insurance
- Hagerty Insurance
- FCCI Insurance
- Markel Insurance
- Editor – 2016 Law Journal of the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyer Rising Star in the field of Medical Malpractice Defense, 2005 – 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Macon Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, President-Elect