Brown W. Dennis Jr.
Brown Dennis concentrates his practice in the area of workers’ compensation, representing insurers, self-insured employers, and state and local governments. His practice further includes insurance defense, governmental law, and ad valorem tax law.
Mr. Dennis’s extensive experience in the area of workers’ compensation law led to his appointment as Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Georgia for workers’ compensation. He represents many clients in addition to Alternative Services Concepts, Inc., Canal Insurance, the Georgia Department of Administrative Services, Macon-Bibb County, The Georgia Insurers’ Insolvency Pool, Auto-Owners Insurance, ACE American/Pat Salmon Companies, Medical Association of Georgia, Tower Group Insurance, Sanford Company, Novapro Risk Solution and Cambridge Integrated Services Group.
A member of the State Bar of Georgia since 1990, Mr. Dennis is a member of the workers’ compensation and general practice sections. He has served on the Advisory Committee to the Chairman of the State Board of Workers’ Compensation. He is also a member of the Macon Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Mr. Dennis is admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, the United States District Courts of the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, the Georgia Supreme Court, the Georgia Court of Appeals, and in the State and Superior Courts of Georgia.
Mr. Dennis received a B.A. from Davidson College (1983) and J.D. from Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law (cum laude, 1990), where he was on the Managing Editor’s Staff of the Mercer Law Review and a member of Phi Alpha Delta.
Mr. Dennis’s professional activities include involvement in the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, the Georgia Self-Insurers Association, the Georgia Society of Hospital Attorneys, and the Defense Research Institute. Various insurer and employer groups have called upon his expertise on workers’ compensation issues for numerous speaking engagements as well.
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Insurance Defense Law
- Government law
- Ad valorem tax law
- Georgia, 1990
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1990
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Superior Courts of the State of Georgia
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D cum laude – 1990
- Law Review: Mercer Law Review , Managing Editor’s Staff
- Davidson College
- B.A – 1983
- ACE American Ins./Pat Salmon Companies
- Alternative Services Concepts, Inc.
- Auto-Owners Ins.
- Canal Insurance
- Colonial Oil Group
- Georgia Department of Administrative Services
- Macon-Bibb County
- Georgia Insurers’ Insolvency Pool
- MagMutual Insurance
- Specialty Risk Services Inc.
- Sanford Company
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, workers’ compensation and general practice sections
- Macon Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Georgia Self-Insurers Association
- Georgia Society of Hospital Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
Past Employment Positions
- Partner, Anderson, Walker & Reichert, 1990 – 1995
- Phi Alpha Delta