Beatrice C. Hancock
Bea concentrates her law practice in the area of civil litigation, focusing on general insurance defense.
Prior to joining the firm, Bea graduated from Mercer University with a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice in 2013, from Columbus State University with a Masters in Public Administration, with honors, in 2014, and from Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of law, cum laude, in 2018. While in law school, Bea served as the Eleventh Circuit Survey Editor for Mercer Law Review. She was also a member of the Association of Women Law Students and Student Bar Association Alumni Relations Committee. Upon graduation, she was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation, Insurance Law
- All state and superior courts of Georgia, 2018
- Mercer University School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. cum laude – 2018
- Mercer Law Review, member 2016-2018
- Columbus State University, Columbus, Georgia
- MPA, with honors, 2014
- Mercer University, Macon, Georgia
- BA., 2013
- Three Strikes and You’re Still In?: Interpreting the Three-Strike Provision of the Prison Litigation Reform Act in the Eleventh Circuit, 68 Mercer L. Rev. 1161 (2017).
Honors and Awards:
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in: Jurisdictions and Judgments
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions:
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Denise Marshall and Victoria S. Darrisaw, Superior Court of Dougherty County, Georgia, 2018-2020.
- Chi Omega