Jon Christopher Wolfe
Jon Christopher “Chris” Wolfe specializes in the area of civil litigation. His practice includes defense of automobile liability matters including issues involving uninsured/underinsured motorist litigation and coverage issues. His practice also includes general insurance defense, civil rights defense litigation, and tort litigation in general. Mr. Wolfe has extensive jury trial experience in the state and federal court systems.
Mr. Wolfe became a member of the State Bar of Georgia in 1993. He also is a member of the Macon Bar Association. He is admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, the Georgia Supreme Court, the Georgia Court of Appeals, and the State and Superior Courts of the State of Georgia.
Mr. Wolfe received an A.B.J. in Telecommunications from the University of Georgia (summa cum laude, 1990) and a J.D. from Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law (cum laude, 1993), where he was a member of the Mercer Law Review, the Brainerd Currie Honor Society, and the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
Mr. Wolfe is a member of the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association. He also has authored several published articles, including “Sex, Violence, and Profanity: Rap Music and the First Amendment,” 44 Mercer Law Review 667 (1993); and “High Voltage and the Exclusive Remedy,” Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, 1998 Law Journal.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Georgia, 1993
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1993
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. cum laude
- Law Review: Mercer Law Review, 1991 – 1993
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- A.B.J. summa cum laude – 1990
- “Sex, Violence, and Profanity: Rap Music and the First Amendment”, 44 Mercer Law Review 667, 1993
- “High Voltage and the Exclusive Remedy” , Georgia Defense Lawyers Association Journal, 1998
- United Services Automobile Association
- Direct General Insurance Co.
- National General Insurance Co.
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co.
- Government Employees Insurance Company
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Bar Association, 1993 – Present
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, 1998 – Present
- DRI, 2012 – Present