Jessica B. Haygood
Jessica B. Haygood concentrates her law practice in the area of civil litigation. Her primary areas of practice include workers’ compensation and general insurance defense.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Haygood graduated from The University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice, magna cum laude, in 2015 and from Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law, magna cum laude, in 2018. While in law school, she served as the Articles Editor for Mercer Law Review and as a student coach for the ABA NAAC 2018 Moot Court Competition. She was also a member of the Association of Women Law Students, Golden Key International Honor Society, and William Augustus Bootle American Inn of Court. Upon graduation, she was inducted into the Brainerd F. Currie Honor Society and admitted to the State Bar of Georgia.
She and her husband, Erik, live in Forsyth and are members of Forsyth United Methodist Church. Ms. Haygood is the Vice President of the Leadership Monroe class of 2019.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Governmental Liability Defense
- Insurance Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- Georgia, 2018
- S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 2018
- S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 2018
- Mercer University School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- D. magna cum laude
- Honors: Brainerd F. Currie Honor Society, Golden Key International Honor Society
- Law Review: Mercer Law Review, Member, 2016-2018
- The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- A. magna cum laude– 2015
- Major: Criminal Justice
Methamphetamine, Money, and a Motion to Withdraw as Counsel: United States v. Jimenez-Antunez All Boils Down to the Appropriate Standard, Lead Articles, 68 Mercer L. Rev. 909 (2017).
Honors and Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in: Contracts I, Criminal Law, Legal Writing I and II, Introduction to Legal Research, and Advanced Legal Research
- Faculty Award for Outstanding Achievement in Legal Writing
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Young Lawyers Division
Past Employment Positions
- Bullard & Wangerin, LLP, Law Clerk, 2016-2017
Pro Bono Activities
- Leadership Monroe Class of 2019, Vice President