Christi Horne James
Christi Horne James concentrates her practice in the area of Civil Litigation Defense to include medical malpractice defense, personal injury/auto defense, workers’ compensation, as well as and legal malpractice defense. Her practice further includes areas of real estate, business formation and general business litigation.
She was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia in 2002, and is admitted to practice in United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, the Georgia Supreme Court, the Georgia Court of Appeals, and in the State and Superior Courts of Georgia.
Ms. James graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. degree in Political Science from the University of Georgia (1999), where she was a UGA Presidential Scholar, graduate of the Environmental Ethics Certificate Program, among other honors. She graduated cum laude from the University of Georgia School of Law in 2002. There, she was heavily involved with the law school’s annual environmental law Red Clay Conference and served on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Intellectual Property Law.
Ms. James’s professional involvement includes membership in the Macon Bar Association, various sections of the State Bar of Georgia, and the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association.
Ms. James is also active in her community. She was part of the Leadership Macon Class of 2004 and selected as one of Macon Magazine’s Top 5 under 40 Young Leaders in 2012. Currently, she serves as Secretary of the Executive Board for the Rotary Club of Downtown Macon, a position held since 2008, Chair of the Board of Managers for the Children’s Center at Mulberry, the Chair of the Children’s Council of Mulberry Street United Methodist Church, and is a Sunday school teacher. She is a member of the Ivy League Garden Club, and is a former member of the Staff-Parish Relations Committee of Mulberry Street UMC, the Junior League of Macon, the Wesley Glen Ministries Advisory Board and the Festival of Trees Committee for the Museum of Arts & Sciences. However, above all, she enjoys spending time with her husband, Baxter, and their four boys.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Defense
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury Defense
- Workers Compensation Defense
- Real Estate Law
- Business Organizations
- Legal Malpractice
- Georgia, 2002
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Superior Courts of the State of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. cum laude – 2002
- Honors: With High Honors
- Law Journal: Journal of Intellectual Property Law, Editorial Board
- University of Georgia
- B.A. degree in Political Science magna cum laude – 1999
- Honors: UGA Presidential Scholar
- Honors: Graduate of the Environmental Ethics Certificate Program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- Macon Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Secretary of the Executive Board for the Rotary Club of Downtown Macon
- United Way Board of Trustees
- Chair of the Board of Managers for the Children’s Center at Mulberry
- Chair of the Children’s Council at Mulberry Street UMC
- Delta Delta Delta