Anna M. Kersey
Prior to joining the firm, Anna graduated summa cum laude from Mercer University with a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy in 2015. She then went on to receive a Master of Arts in Liberal Arts from St. John’s College in Santa Fe in 2017. Anna returned to Mercer University for law school in 2019, where she graduated summa cum laude in 2022. While in law school, Anna served as Managing Editor of Mercer Law Review, as a group and individual mentor through the Academic Success program, and was a judicial extern for Judge David L. Mincey in the Macon-Bibb Superior Court, and Judge Trea Pipkin in the Court of Appeals of Georgia. Anna was also a member of the Association of Women Law Students, the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund, and a student member of the William A. Bootle Inn of Court.
Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- All state and superior courts of Georgia, 2022
- Mercer University School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. summa cum laude – 2022
- Mercer Law Review, Member 2020 – 2021; Managing Editor 2021 – 2022
- St. John’s College, Santa Fe
- M.A. – 2017
- Mercer University, Macon, Georgia
- B.A. summa cum laude – 2015
- University of Oxford, Oxford UK
- Visiting student in medieval philosophy and English literature
Honors and Awards:
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in: Jurisdictions and Judgments, Criminal Law, International Law, Statutory Law, International human Rights Law, Oxford Consortium for Human Rights, and Remedies.
- Mercer Lawyer Scholarship
- Dean’s List
- Phi Delta Phi Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Brainerd Currie Honor Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Macon Pops, Board of Directors
Past Employment Positions:
- Summer Law Clerk to the Honorable Judge Jeffery B. Hanson and Judge Sharell F. Lewis, State Court of Bibb County, Georgia 2021.
- Legal Librarian and Marketing Assistant, Hillis Clark Martin & Peterson, P.S., Seattle, Washington 2017 – 2019.